Do you ever have a hard time sleeping at night? You feel restless? You can't unwind? You can't get your mind to shut off? Thinking about what you have to check off the list tomorrow? 

In a quest to find some oils that would help with that I came across a recipe that is quite helpful. It smells good and helps me get to sleep. 

Lavender and Cedarwood 

Lavender:  This oil has so many uses, it's truly amazing! Lavender is good for the skin, bee stings, insect bites, allergies, sunburns, cold sores, dandruff, nose-bleeds, stop bleeding, blisters, fungal/Itching, and my favorites: Calming down and restful sleep. 

Cedarwood:  Is great because it has the ability to stimulate the limbic region of the brain or the part of the brain where your center of emotions are and the pineal gland, which releases melatonin - Which helps you sleep and helps switch the brain off so that you can sleep. It helps calm and quite the mind. It's good for if you suffer from insomnia. Cedarwood oil also helps with concentration, depression, hair loss, ADD/ADHD, eczema, oily skin, respiratory issues, anti fungal, antibacterial, UTI infections, Anger, and Anxiety.   

I heard an interesting statistic the other day in a class indicating that there is upwards of 1,200% more lavender essential oil being sold in the marketplace than being distilled. Which means the oils are being cut with synthetic chemicals and other things that do way more harm than good. Because I want to know how ALL my oils are sourced, gown, harvested, distilled, bottled, and sealed the ONLY oils I will use are Young Living Oils. The Seal to Seal Guarantee is my litmus test for quality essential oils. Check out my blog post there to educate yourself some more. 

So how can you use this combo? Or how do I use it?

First off you can diffuse the cedarwood oil and Lavender in the room you will be sleeping in. I have been known to add an oil in there called Stress Away as well, it smells amazing! 

I also found this recipe for a pillow spray. You can spray this on your sheets and pillows before you go to bed. This has become part of my regular bed routine... Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 oz spray bottle buy here
1/2 tsp. isopropyl alcohol buy here
5 drops of lavender buy here: 5ml bottle or buy here 15ml bottle
5 drops of cedarwood buy here: 5 ml bottle or buy here: 15 ml bottle
Distilled water - Can buy at your local grocery store

Instructions:

1. Pour alcohol into bottle
2. Add essential oils
3. Fill with water and shake well

Use:

Sprat on sheets and pillows for a restful nights sleep...

If you are interested in buying a Young Living Oil kit and getting deals and discounts let me know. Learn more here 



Comments