Homemade Ranch Dressing:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of mayonnaise (I make my own oil-free vegan mayo) I will post the recipe at the bottom.

1/4 cup Dairy free sour cream or Diary free Greek yogurt

2 teaspoons dried or fresh chives

1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh dill

Garlic and onion powder to taste

Flavor God ranch seasoning to taste: https://bit.ly/3c1Rb52

S&P to taste

3/4 Cup of a plain non-dairy milk, I think Califia is the best brand to use for this recipe for taste.

Note: If you don't have the Flavor God Ranch seasoning you could add the above ingredients plus: Dried Parsley, but I highly recommend getting the flavor God Ranch dressing, it really makes the recipe turn out good! I don't think it would have turned out as flavorful and as close to ranch dressing w/o it.

Instructions:

1. In medium sized bowl whisk together the mayo, sour cream, and

    all of the seasonings

2. Whisk in the milk till smooth

3. Serve immediately or for best flavor chill for 2 hours before serving. 

Note as you are adding the seasonings to taste you may have to add a splash of more milk as you go and then whisk around more as you go as well, it took quite a bit of the Ranch seasoning for me to get the taste I was personally looking for. All and all I think it turned out pretty good 🙂 I also shake it up before using. I used this on my Salad today. 😋😋😋


Salad: 113g of chicken

           113g of a mixture of apples, blue berries, and black berries

All the lettuce, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers my little heart desired 😉 

For the Vegan Oil Free Mayonnaise [with Tofu or Cashews]

1 12.3 ounce package firm or extra firm silken tofu (see notes. OR use 1 cup cashews soaked in boiling water 30 minutes + 1/2 cup plain plant milk)

▢2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)

▢1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

▢2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

▢1/2 teaspoon onion powder

▢1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

▢1/2 teaspoon salt

o Make Vegan Aioli (use the ingredients above + garlic)

▢2 large cloves garlic smashed and finely minced

Instructions:

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor (or a blender, if making the cashew version), and process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. For the best flavor, allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Notes:

*You can use either firm or extra firm silken tofu for this recipe, however if you're going to use it to make a dressing where you'll be adding other ingredients like vinegar, maple syrup, etc. I recommend the extra firm tofu if you'd like to keep the dressing a little thick and creamy.

*Kala Namak, or Indian black salt, is optional but highly recommended. It has a mild sulfur flavor (like eggs) that makes it taste more like 'real' egg-based mayonnaise.

Comments