What is CBD oil? and How Can It Benefit You?



I have been dealing with fibromyalgia and pain issues since 2006 when I got into my
first ever car accident and I have never been the same since. I started going to chiropractors, doing therapy, visiting my primary care doctor to help with these issues. The therapy and chiropractors did help but unfortunately I had some issues with the pain med's I was taking. The pain med's caused me to have seizures. I found out I had what they call a low seizure threshold and my body could not tolerate certain drugs. Seizure threshold is the amount of stimulus necessary to produce a convulsive seizure. All humans can have a seizure if the provocation is sufficient. Mine just happens to be a little more sensitive. The term seizure threshold is used to describe the balance between excitatory and inhibitory forces in the brain which affect how susceptible a person is to seizures. So because of this and other factors such as I did not like a lot of the side effects of different pain medications, I went in search for something natural. The first thing I started taking was called Curamin by Terry Naturally. Pictured below. (I get the extra strength)


The other thing I take is Inflama Free Anti-Inflammatory by VitaLogic. (see picture below) You can normally find these products at your local vitamin shops, (Not GNC or Wal-Mart) or Google them and purchase them on-line. If you need help finding it just let me know.


I still take both of these items but in talking to a friend of mine one day she told me about CBD oil. My friend deals with a lot of pain issues as well and is bound to a wheel chair do to a genetic disease she has that affects her spine and hips I believe. So she starts to relay a story to me about how her father-in-law (or someone in her family) had cancer and due to the cancer he had formed some kind of abscess of sorts on his ear, so he started putting this oil on his ear and the cancerous abscess fell off and new skin growth (that was cancer free) began to form back. Also some of the cancer inside of him was shrinking/clearing up as well. (you can take CBD oil internally as well) I keep pretty current on things going on in the natural health community because I am really into that, so I had heard a little about CBD oil but most of the information I had read pertaining to it was for people with epilepsy or seizure disorders. So, in the beginning that is all I thought is was good for. Come to find out there is a WIDE variety of things it helps with, here are a few listed below... I personally use CBD oil to help with my low-seizure-threshold issues, pain, fibromyalgia, and inflammation problems.

1. CBD is an antibacterial and slow bacterial growth. This is significant for those of us who are
    dealing with imbalance of bad bacteria which can cause health problems such as gum disease,
    heart disease, and intestinal issues.

2. When you take CBD oil, it does not cause the typical "high" associated with cannabis. In the
    cannabis world there are two types of plants, broadly categorized -hemp plants and drug plants.
    Hemp plants include plants grown from fiber and plants grown for seed oil. Drug plants include
    euphoric THC-rich (which is what they give to cancer patients and people who have other terminal
    illnesses.) plants and non-euphoric CBD-rich plants. As far as medicinal cannabis goes, the
    resin is where the action is. The resin contains THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) the THC is what gives
    people that high feeling. Among low resin hemp varietals, dioecious oil-seed plants, used for
    making nutritional oil, body care and industrial products have higher density of trichomes than
    monoecious fiber hemp plants. Hemp-seed oil is not the same as CBD-rich oil extracted from the
    flowers and leaves of the plant. Oil presses from hemp-seed contains no CBD, no THC, no plant
    cannabinoids to speak of, but it's excellent for making varnish, paint, soap, nutraceuticals, and
    much more. You can obtain CBD oil without ANY THC in it. (so in other words you won't get
    high) it would be like taking any other kind of oil or supplement. You just get the benefits of the
    plant and it is perfectly legal. The reason the govt regulates the other stuff is because of the high
   THC levels. This is the brand of CBD oil I use and recommend. (See picture below) Here
    is a link to there website. I think they have the best quality and I have seen the best results with
    this brand.

3. CBD Oil reduces inflammation. Let me repeat that, CBD oil reduces inflammation! Inflammation
    in the body causes disease. Less inflammation, less disease. 

4. CBD promotes bone growth. How many people do you know that have a musculoskeletal
    deficiency? Who would benefit from a non-toxic, natural medicine for bone growth? I was really
    excited to find out in my research that CBD oil could help keep my bones strong, the first thing I
    thought of were my parents who I put on CBD oil the moment I found this out. I want to be able
    to age gracefully and help my parents do the same without having to suffer from degenerating
    bones, scoliosis spine ect. so, knowing this is one of the many benefits of CBD oil helps me
    sleep a little bit better at night. 

5. CBD reduces function in the immune system. If you suffer with an autoimmune disorder
    calming your overactive immune system down is vital for you continuing health. I have a friend
    that had this and I have seen the way she suffers. When her immune system overreacts all kinds
    of things happen to her. She gets migraines, body pain, numb fingers and toes, and so on. Having
    something that can help regulate these symptoms with no bad side effects is more valuable than
    words can describe.

6. CBD relieves anxiety. I'm a relatively even tempered person, but I do deal with anxiety. I am
    aware that this is a side affect of having chronic pain but most of my anxiety comes from a
    different place. CBD oil has allowed me to relax and feel like somebody who can handle the
    regular stresses of life during spells of anxiety. I just get this warm, clam, feeling. It's GREAT!
    It has helped me so much! Another thing that helps with anxiety is Kava Kava Root, I recommend
    the brand by Gaia. I have been using this for years. I can be in the middle of an anxiety attack
    and I will take this stuff and try and sit down for a moment and concentrate on my breathing and
    it helps within a few minutes. Sometimes I will also take some magnesium with it as well. Take
    it with some luke warm water, as warm as you can stand it. It helps you get it in your system
    faster that way. Take it this way for at least the first month and then you can just take it
    with regular water after that, if you so desire.



7. CBD relieves pain. This is by far the most dramatic thing that CBD does for me personally. To be
    able to have relief from the pain that is debilitating you and locking you within your body feels like
    absolute freedom.

8. CBD suppresses muscles spasms. I actually had to think about the last time I had a muscle spasm
     because it had been a while. I used to get them all the time before I started using medicinal CBD
     oil but now they are something that I use to get.

9.  CBD reduces blood sugar levels. High blood sugar can cause havoc in the body. Ask any person
     with diabetes and they will tell you that regulating your blood sugar is vital to one's health and
     vitality. I was diagnosed with being pre-diabetic and so I changed a lot about my diet and started
     taking this and so far I have not become a full-fledged diabetic and I am aiming to keep it that
     way.

10. CBD reduces seizures. I know of people who have been able to reduce and in some cases stop
      the seizures that they experience by using high amounts of CBD oil.

11. CBD inhibits cancer cell growth. Yep! You heard that right, my friends father-in-law saw
      amazing results when he started taking this, after being diagnosed with cancer.

I am just scratching the surface here of what CBD oil can do for the body but that is a pretty impressive list isn't it? I would just like to add that my life drastically changed for the better
when I found CBD oil. :)

    
   

     
     

Comments